QR Code Link to This Post
Experienced as a reporter or curious about becoming one? Learn about the bright career Veritext has to offer in an industry thriving through the pivot to remote work.
Digital Reporters are a part of a team of independent contractors who officiate legal proceedings and capture a record of the event through audio recordings and note taking. Learn more and see our suitability quiz at www.veritextcommunitynetwork.com.
Job duties include:
- Managing the proceedings as an independent arbiter of the record
- Swearing-in witnesses and acting as Notary of the State
- Generating a clear and complete recording of the proceeding using high-fidelity audio technology
- Creating accurate and detailed annotations of case events and terminology to serve as a guide for subsequent transcription.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to obtain a state Notary Commission/License
- Confidence to moderate a legal proceeding and swear in a witness
- High School or GED required minimally
- English speaking, with ability to read and write fluently
- Proficient with technology, including fast and accurate typing (40 WPM)
- A laptop with Windows operating system with at minimum a Quad Core Processor. (Chromebooks, Macs, Tablets, Linux IOS and Apple IOS are not compatible with the software that we use.)
- Additional recording hardware to capture legal proceedings including microphones, a backup recorder, memory cards, over-the-ear headphones, and cables to connect everything.
- Professional, punctual and presentable
View full job description and
Signing agent loan officer mortgage escrow closer title clerk