QR Code Link to This Post
I am a Test preparation Coach for the ACT and the SAT. I also offer Admissions Consulting that will guide Students/Parents through the entire Admissions Process. I have 6 years of Experience and have guided students through near-impossible situations and helped parents obtain Tens of thousands of Dollars in Schoarships. I would be happy to meet you for a 30-minute free consultation, absolutely no strings attached.
Prior to contacting me, many of my students had attended a course offered by one of the major test-prep companies. These programs have some advantages, but they lack a critical element of Test preparation: the 1-on-1/2-on-1 setting that I offer. Such a setting helps me identify each student's style of learning, strengths, and weaknesses. Based on this information, I create a study plan that is geared specifically to each student, and one that will yield a target score within the required time-frame.. Additionally, the small setting enables my students to ask questions without any inhibitions, unlike a class of 6 or 7.
My Tutoring approach consists of 2 key components:
1) Teaching test preparation strategies that work best with the natural learning style of each student. A key element of my approach is that maximzung your strengths is just as important as strengthening your weaknesses.
2) Instilling Self-belief and discipline in a student - these attributes ultimately can eliminate test anxiety and a mental block that some students have towards test-taking. My approach is very positive but with a firm focus on the task-at-hand.
A majority of my students increase their scores substantially. Several are currently enrolled at the best schools in the nation; others opted to receive a big scholarship at a decent school. I have testimonials from some of these students that I can forward to you via e-mail. I firmly believe that no hurdle is insurmountable and often, it is simply a different approach that does the trick.
My tutoring sessions incorporate the following key elements -
1) Time-management - Time is of the essence on the ACT. Therefore, I teach the students important time-saving tricks such as short-cuts, eliminating answers, educated guesses (only when necessary), etc, and how to use these tricks prudently and efficiently.
2) A clear understanding of the concepts in each subject area of Math e.g.Trigonometry, Exponents, Algebra, etc. Next, we tackle a diverse range of problems from each subject area. Most Math problems can be solved in 2-3 ways - I teach the fastest and most efficient method to solve each Math problem.
4) A heavy emphasis on Grammar, Sentence structure, and Punctuation for the English section. For example, Commas can be used in 9 different ways - many test questions involve commas and these can be very tricky.
5) Identifying the best strategy for the Reading and Science sections (ACT) and Writng/Reading for the SAT. As an example, a Fiction passage may require thorough reading, but a fact-based Natural Science passage may require skimming.
6) Practice tests on paper and online - Taking practice tests regularly gives the student a feel for the actual test and helps me monitor his/her progress.
Finally, I guide each student through the applications process. This includes identifying Schools that would be ideal for a student based on many factors.. Identifying a School that is a great fit for a student is critical. Last, but not least, I make sure the Application essays are perfect - these essays can play a significant role in the Admissions process.
If you'd like further information, please email me at email@example.com, or you can call me at 586-321-3506. Either way, I wish you the best on this important journey !