Welcome to LaFerte Terrace, a historic home with modern conveniences. This 102-year-old home is on the corner unit of a line of townhouses on Warren and Vermont Street. The house was completely renovated in 2011. The address is: 5007 Vermont Street, Detroit, MI, 48208, and it is right across the street from the TARDIS Detroit library.
I am looking for two non-smoking roommates. Rent is $350 per month plus utilities.
The new parts in this renovation features:
- CAT 6 cable wiring, the top-of-the-line wiring for both cable TV and Internet lines
- Completely new electric wiring with multiple outlets in each room and no wire molding
- High-efficiency furnace, programmable thermostat, new duct work
- AC, central air
- New plumbing, sinks and toilet for consistent, high-water pressure
- Venting fans for both kitchen and bathroom, which send old air outside
- New light fixtures inside and out with automatic security lighting
- Energy Star appliances in a completely redone kitchen
- Energy Star washer and dryer in basement, both front loading
- Energy-efficient storm windows
- Blown-in insulation
- Electrical outlets on both front and back porches
- Raised-bed garden plot with lots of sunshine and nearby water spigot
- Guardian Alarm security system
The historic part of this renovation includes:
- Stained oak doors, staircase and trim throughout building
- Original fixtures, such as door handles, heating vents, etc.
- Refinished oak floors
- Newly painted cornice, windows and porches
- Original oak windows with antique wavy glass
- Hedgerows along sidewalk
I'm a 29 year old male, I have a full-time job, and I am looking for two non-smoking housemates. I have a big, friendly dog that I rescued a couple years ago. She loves people and sleeps on the couch all day.
The unit is located on Vermont, one block west of Rosa Parks Blvd, and across the street from the TARDIS Detroit Library. It's within easy walking distance of Wayne State, CAID, and the Woodbridge Pub. It's a quick bike ride to the rest of the Greater downtown Detroit. The front vestibule has ample space for bike storage or a desk and the basement is wide open with enough room for workout equipment. There is plenty of parking on the street or behind the building.
Rent between the three of us is $1,050 per month ($350 per person) with one-month security deposit. Tenants pays cable/Internet, heat, electric and water.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers