Our thickness tester for paint is an original EU (European Union) item. Manufactured in Poland. We imported the item exclusively from Europe to sell it in the US. Item comes with 3 years manufacturer warranty.
- Coating Thickness Meter Gauge Paint Tester Car Body Damage Detector 3003 Auto Lacquer tester.
- Condition is Bran new.
1. Blue: Primed panel (aftermarket) or very thin lacquer
2. Green: OEM lacquer (original Paint) - This is what you want!
3. Yellow: Very thin layer bondo, primed, and painted (previous damage like dents or scratches or light damage)
4. Red: Medium layer bondo, primed and painted (guaranteed previous damage)
5. Black:Thick layer bondo, primed and painted (guaranteed severe previous damage)
Please note that if the gauge is not sticking to the metal surface, it means that this surface is heavily filled with bondo to the extent that made the panel covered with this bodno metal insulator. It means the vehicle was engaged in a heavy car accident and the body shop had to fill the panel with bondo to get it to the shape similar to what it was before. This also applies if you are checking a plastic piece like side mirror covers and aluminum panel (Jeep for example makes the Grand Cherokee hood out of aluminium) this is why the gauge wont be able to test such panels. Only metal painted surfaces.
Also you can use this product on any metal painted surface, not only cars.
We are happy to answer any questions.
Thanks for looking. We are happy to sell you the best product, clone free.