compensation: Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Custom Ecology is hiring a Night Shift Diesel Mechanic Supervisor (working mechanic)
Repairs and maintains fleet equipment in regards to welding/fabrication on trucks, trailers and other equipment to keep them in good and safe working condition.
MAJOR EXPECTATIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the scheduling of repairs
• Responsible for tracking and scheduling of night shift employee hours, and will ensure the night shift
employees clock in and out properly
• Ensures night personnel are adhering to all CEI's safety policies and procedures
• Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate and diagnose causes of trouble.
• Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
• Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
• Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
• Repairs or replaces defective parts.
• Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
• Lubricates and cleans parts.
• Starts devices to test their performance.
• Sets up and operates, drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
• Repairs electrical equipment.
• Completes daily work orders as work is completed, hourly log, and signs and turns in all daily VCR's to
indicate that repairs have been completed.
• The night shift supervisor will ensure all night shift personnel will fill out all paperwork correctly before the
end of the shift and completes shift reports
• Completes all "DOT Out of Service" repairs to trucks and trailers nightly to ensure they are in good working
condition before they leave the premises the following day.
• The Night Shift Supervisor will audit the night shift repairs and make sure they are done correctly and have
no call backs
• May have to take the service truck out to do an occasional road side repair
What we offer:
Medical/Dental & Vision Insurance
Paid Holidays & 401 (k)
Please call Shirleen at 419-841-6960 to apply
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers