Choir Director / Praise & Worship Leader
Holy Temple of Faith Church of God in Christ
Job Type: Volunteer Part-Time
Mission of the Position: The Choir Director/ Praise & Worship Leader is responsible for developing an adult praise & worship choir who is able to perform songs from a wide variety of Urban Gospel Musical styles, both traditional and current, as well as hymns. A visionary & builder that will develop leaders and other choirs such as a Youth Choir, Children’s Choir, Men's Choir, Women's, Senior's Choir and a Mass Choir et al.
Supervision: The Choir Director/ Praise & Worship Leader is under the direct supervision of the Music Director and the Senior Pastor.
* A committed Christian who is deepening their personal relationship with Jesus Christ and modeling this to others.
*Experience leading adult choirs.
* Knowledge of a wide variety of Urban Gospel musical styles and the ability to teach these varying styles to the choir.
* Must be able to sing and teach parts effectively.
* Possess good organizational skills.
* Possess a positive attitude.
* Comprehensive computer skills
* Possess effective verbal and communication skills
* A visionary and a builder.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Direct and lead the choir during weekly Sunday worship services, mid-week service and lead weekly scheduled rehearsals.
* Assist the choir in the memorization of the music.
* Assist the Music Director with major musical events, i.e. Easter Play, Christmas Musical Drama, Christmas Eve service and Easter services, New Year’s Eve, etc.
* Recruit and develop new choir members.
* Provide information to the Music Director and or Senior Pastor on music selection for each week.
If you're interested in serving in this area of the vineyard, to build the Kingdom of God, please contact the church office.
We look forward to hearing from you!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers